Getting it up and running was a breeze in Python/Mac Snow Leapord. I just followed these steps:
Following this tutorial from Kelvin Wong, the steps are the same for Kyoto Cabinet/Kyoto Tyrant as they are for their counterparts in Tokyo.
- Get MacPorts
- Open a terminal window and enter the following:
- Start the Kyoto Cabinet server, by entering the following:
- For now, leave the server running. Download and unzip KAMEDAkyosuke's Python implementation of Tycoon.
- Save the "__init__.py" file in a folder called "PyTycoon".
- Open a new terminal window, and cd to "/path/to/PyTycoon/..". Run the following code:
Wallah! Python is now talking to Kyoto Tycoon.